Blog Archive

Friday 27 April 2012

Usability & Design



Content - The content that i'm going to use for my website is all going to be given to my by the client himself and i will just change this and add to this, but as the content maybe quite small i might have to actually change it and make it more than what it is. But the images i may have to go out and take myself as it will give me a bigger variety of images to play with and work with on my project.


Text - The text that i will use will be consistent throughout my website making it look a lot more professional and clean making it easy to understand also running a theme through it so that people can come to the realisation that its my website and they don't come off the pages they stay on them. Also will make the fonts sans serif so that they are really easy to read. 


CEO - This is done so that google and other search engines can pick out the key words from my website and rank it higher up google so that if people search for my website it will become a top hit on google otherwise people will not be search all through google just to find your website unless they have specific search terms in there engine. 


Loading time- This is really important because if people are waiting ages for my website to load content they won't stay on the page so i must keep the images to a low file size by optimising them all for the web using photoshop and other online softwares to do this, also keeping the images for text down and just find a way to just use all web fonts on my page. 


Layout -  The layout for my website has to be easy and simple to get to the things that peole need fast, the key information must be on the home page giving people less clicks to find what they want on the page. This will all be done in designs and mock ups that i will create as i'm going through my design stages. 


Navigation -  The navigation for this will be really simple and in a sans serif font face so that people can read it also will be in a clear colour with rollovers on them so people know when there over the icon and once clicked will change on what they do. 


Colour - The colours that i am going to be given are all from the client himself and i think these will be simple and colours that match there shop itself and business which is mainly red which will become a key colour in my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment